My Family Cinema Support Forum Support General Support Eppi doesn't work when using a VPN

Eppi doesn't work when using a VPN

Eppi doesn't work when using a VPN

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

alscx
09-10-2024, 11:30 AM
I've been trying to use both Eppi Cinema with my VPN and they just won't work. I can login on Redplay, but the speeds are either extremely slow or there aren't traffic at all, so that nothing plays. Eppi Cinema doesn't even login, or when I sucessfully log in I also can't play anything. As soon as I disconnect the VPN they both work right, with excellent speed and image quality.

Thing is I really wouldn't like to use these services without a VPN if I can help it.

The VPN I use (Mullvad) is pretty stable, fast and works perfectly with the other streaming services I have and with everything else.

It uses Wireguard. I haven't tried OpenVPN but I don't think it would make any difference. I've tried changing the protocol from UDP to UDP over TCP, changing the port it uses and the MTU size with no success...

I've seen here in the very forum a couple of similar questions, but the only answer (changing the protocol from UDP to TCP) didn't work for me.

I'd really appreciate any suggestions.
alscx
09-10-2024, 11:30 AM #1

I've been trying to use both Eppi Cinema with my VPN and they just won't work. I can login on Redplay, but the speeds are either extremely slow or there aren't traffic at all, so that nothing plays. Eppi Cinema doesn't even login, or when I sucessfully log in I also can't play anything. As soon as I disconnect the VPN they both work right, with excellent speed and image quality.

Thing is I really wouldn't like to use these services without a VPN if I can help it.

The VPN I use (Mullvad) is pretty stable, fast and works perfectly with the other streaming services I have and with everything else.

It uses Wireguard. I haven't tried OpenVPN but I don't think it would make any difference. I've tried changing the protocol from UDP to UDP over TCP, changing the port it uses and the MTU size with no success...

I've seen here in the very forum a couple of similar questions, but the only answer (changing the protocol from UDP to TCP) didn't work for me.

fonsecaf
09-20-2024, 11:10 PM
(09-10-2024, 11:30 AM)alscx I've been trying to use both Eppi Cinema with my VPN and they just won't work. I can login on Redplay, but the speeds are either extremely slow or there aren't traffic at all, so that nothing plays. Eppi Cinema doesn't even login, or when I sucessfully log in I also can't play anything. As soon as I disconnect the VPN they both work right, with excellent speed and image quality.

Hey, did you find a solution? I have a slightly similar issue. Eppi Cinema won’t let me log on with an error saying it’s unavailable on my area. But with a VPN, even though I can logon, navigation is super slow and videos won’t play - just load indefinitely. The issue only happens with Eppi Cinema on a Google Chromecast 4K. I have a regular Chromecast and a Firestick and those still run MFC without any issues. Pretty sure Eppi worked first time I tried after installing in the Chromecast, but then not anymore. Any hints? Thanks!
Edited 09-20-2024, 11:11 PM by fonsecaf.
fonsecaf
09-20-2024, 11:10 PM #2

(09-10-2024, 11:30 AM)alscx I've been trying to use both Eppi Cinema with my VPN and they just won't work. I can login on Redplay, but the speeds are either extremely slow or there aren't traffic at all, so that nothing plays. Eppi Cinema doesn't even login, or when I sucessfully log in I also can't play anything. As soon as I disconnect the VPN they both work right, with excellent speed and image quality.

Hey, did you find a solution? I have a slightly similar issue. Eppi Cinema won’t let me log on with an error saying it’s unavailable on my area. But with a VPN, even though I can logon, navigation is super slow and videos won’t play - just load indefinitely. The issue only happens with Eppi Cinema on a Google Chromecast 4K. I have a regular Chromecast and a Firestick and those still run MFC without any issues. Pretty sure Eppi worked first time I tried after installing in the Chromecast, but then not anymore. Any hints? Thanks!

alscx
09-23-2024, 12:38 PM
What I found here is that, contrary to what I said on my previous post, changing from UDP to TCP does work. I've always prefered to use Wireguard instead of OpenVPN in my VPN links so that I was doing all my testing using Wireguard connections. Thing is Wireguard uses exclusively UDP. I then made a test and tried using OpenVPN with TCP and it worked.

The bad side is that OpenVPN is not as performant as Wireguard... but at least it works and is quite stable. I'll let it documented here if someone else face this issue in the future.
alscx
09-23-2024, 12:38 PM #3

What I found here is that, contrary to what I said on my previous post, changing from UDP to TCP does work. I've always prefered to use Wireguard instead of OpenVPN in my VPN links so that I was doing all my testing using Wireguard connections. Thing is Wireguard uses exclusively UDP. I then made a test and tried using OpenVPN with TCP and it worked.

The bad side is that OpenVPN is not as performant as Wireguard... but at least it works and is quite stable. I'll let it documented here if someone else face this issue in the future.

09-24-2024, 07:14 AM
Название игры симулятор автобуса: автобусы обещает захватывающий геймплейный опыт для любой категории пользователей игровых приложений. Давайте подробнее рассмотрим преимущества этой игры: геймплей, графику и звуки.

<a href="https://mods-menu.ru/simulyatory/2523-skachat-simulyator-avtobusa-avtobusy-vzlom-mod-vse-otkryto-na-android.html">МОД симулятор автобуса: автобусы на Андроид</a> предлагает динамичный и захватывающий геймплей, который погрузит в игровой мир. Игра сочетает в себе элементы экшена, предоставляя каждому игроку увлекательные квесты и миссии. Вы сможете контролировать командой, завершать сложные головоломки, сражаться с боссами и разгадывать загадки игрового мира. Легкое в освоении управление и интуитивный интерфейс позволяют быстро влиться в геймплей, независимо от уровня подготовки игрока.

Web: https://mods-menu.ru/simulyatory/2523-sk...droid.html

Графика в симулятор автобуса: автобусы представлена на высококачественном уровне. Разработчики постарались создать красочный и живописный мир, который интересно осматривать. Детально прорисованные модели персонажей, богатая палитра цветов и качественные анимации вносят каждую сцену увлекательной и впечатляющей. Игры света и тени объектов обеспечивают дополнительный уровень реализма и реализм, создавая атмосферу, которая захватывает и окружает в мир игры.

Название игры симулятор автобуса: автобусы обещает захватывающий геймплейный опыт для любой категории пользователей игровых приложений. Давайте подробнее рассмотрим преимущества этой игры: геймплей, графику и звуки.

<a href="https://mods-menu.ru/simulyatory/2523-skachat-simulyator-avtobusa-avtobusy-vzlom-mod-vse-otkryto-na-android.html">МОД симулятор автобуса: автобусы на Андроид</a> предлагает динамичный и захватывающий геймплей, который погрузит в игровой мир. Игра сочетает в себе элементы экшена, предоставляя каждому игроку увлекательные квесты и миссии. Вы сможете контролировать командой, завершать сложные головоломки, сражаться с боссами и разгадывать загадки игрового мира. Легкое в освоении управление и интуитивный интерфейс позволяют быстро влиться в геймплей, независимо от уровня подготовки игрока.

Web: https://mods-menu.ru/simulyatory/2523-sk...droid.html

Графика в симулятор автобуса: автобусы представлена на высококачественном уровне. Разработчики постарались создать красочный и живописный мир, который интересно осматривать. Детально прорисованные модели персонажей, богатая палитра цветов и качественные анимации вносят каждую сцену увлекательной и впечатляющей. Игры света и тени объектов обеспечивают дополнительный уровень реализма и реализм, создавая атмосферу, которая захватывает и окружает в мир игры.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average